
What a disaster alicias birthday cake was , It took 2 cakes (first one only half made it out of the pan) 4 packet mixes and well alot of my sanity oh and AlOT of icing (big patch up job at the back). Barbie is being held up by popsicle sticks and there is a hole in the back of the cake and she kept falling out....or sinking down the middle.

I was icing the cake and it was so hot the icing spots were melting and i said to alicia "This is the hardest cake i have ever made" and Alicia said back to me "But it's the most beautiful cake i have ever seen". So she was happy in the end and thats what matters right....who cares about the imperfections i see as an adult.

Oh there it is sideview of the back of the cake lobsided and a sinking barbie packed with sooooo much icing.
4 comments:
oh lou i thought you could make any cake a piece of cake. Well as long as she loved it. It is still cute even though she's falling out.
First of all, I agree with Alicia--it's beautiful, and kids don't see the imperfections. I still remember the dressed-in-white Barbie cake my mom made for my baptism, and that's what makes it all worth the trouble, isn't it?
But I have to laugh at the sideview...it would appear that your Barbie is about 10 months pregnant. :)
Wow! The cake is beautiful. You are so talented, and a great Mom (Mum).
It turned out really good! I made one of these for my daughters b-day it was tons of work!!!! your kids are soooooo cute.
LYNNAE
Post a Comment